Dr. Kelly’s over 30 years of work as an equipping evangelist, church planter/consultant and his teaching career at various institutions of Higher Education (Trinity Bible College, Fuller Seminary, Bethany University, Southeastern University, and Evangel U/AGTS) are all a part of his life’s ambition “to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the whole Body of Christ may be built up … and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ” (Eph. 4:11-13).
Dr. Kelly is an adjunct Professor of Practical Ministries at Southeastern University (www.seu.edu) in Lakeland, Florida and Evangel University/Assembly of God Theological Seminary (AGTS) in Springfield, MO. He teaches the following undergraduate courses: New Testament Lit., Practical Theology of Evangelism, Practical Theology I & II, Homiletics I & II, and Church Planting & Revitalization, Statistics, and Research Methods both online and face to face. Dr. Kelly continues to teach several classes at the graduate level including The Shape of Practical Theology, Strategic Missional Leadership, Managing Change and Conflict, Thesis/Contextual Education Project, Dissertation and Stats Advising and Methods of Biblical Preaching/Teaching. His research interests include not only the relationship between conversion experiences and evangelism practices but also anything related to church health factors and/or the missional purpose of the academy, with a focus on empirically-based research that will help future missionaries, pastors, and lay-leaders do a better job in leading the church into the 21st century. Kelly is President/Founder of Barnabas Missions Unltd. (www.barnabasmissions.org ).
- Published “A Practical Theology and Evangelism” in the Journal for the Academy for Evangelism in Theological Education, vol. 14, (1998-1999), 20-32.
- Published his dissertation: Toward a Practical Theology of Evangelism: Spiritual Pilgrimage as an Essential Paradigm for the Christian Conversion Process and Its Implications for Evangelism Methodologies. Ann Arbor: UMI Diss. Services, 2000.
- Published Biblical Tools for Reaching a Post-Modern World: Proven Approaches for Mobilizing a Faithful Witness. Scotts Valley, CA: Barnabas Missions Unlimited, 2002.
- Created Sharing our Spiritual Journey with Others: Principles for Personal Outreach: Seminar Series in DVD/VHS. Scotts Valley, CA: Barnabas Missions Unlimited, 2002.
- Published One Step Closer to Christ: Evangelism as Spiritual Pilgrimage Together. Scotts Valley, CA: Barnabas Missions Unlimited, 2001.
- Published “The Christian University as Messianic Community in Missional Engagement with the Church and The World” in Transformational Leadership: A Tribute to Dr. Mark Rutland. Lakeland, Fl: Small Dogma Publishing, 2008, download this chapter here ChristianUniversityinMessianicMissionalEngagement.
- Presented “Spirit-led Evangelism: Evaluative Criteria for Outreach Praxis in a Pentecostal Context,” to Society of Pentecostal Studies, Practical Theology Interest Group in Minneapolis, MN, March 2010.
- “Measuring the Spirit’s Move: The Boon and the Bane of the Use of Empirical Methods in the Study of Evangelism, Conversion, and Spirituality,” a chapter in Proceedings for the Inaugural Faith & Science Conference. Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 2011.
- “The Role of the Pentecostal Academy in the Formation and Evaluation of Whole-life Discipleship and Missional Christianity.” Presented at 2011 AG Faculty Conference in Springfield, MO, June 2011.
- “Ghost in the Analysis: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly in the Use of Empirical Methods in the Study of Evangelism, Conversion, and Spirituality.” Presented to Society for Pentecostal Studies, Practical Theology Interest Group, Regent University, Virginia Beach, Vg, March 2012.
- “Facing the Future: A Brief SWOT Analysis of the Potentialities and Challenges within Pentecostal Higher Education” Presented to Assemblies of God Faculty Symposium, Special Topics Group, Evangel University, June 2014.
- Adjunct Professor Evangel University/Assemblies of God Theological Seminary
- Professor of Practical Ministry, College of Christian Ministries & Religion, Southeastern University
- President & Founder, Barnabas Missions
- BA in biblical studies, Trinity Bible College
- MA in biblical studies, Fuller Theological Seminary
- PhD in practical theology (emphasis in spirituality/evangelism), Fuller Theological Seminary
- Spirit-Led Evangelism: Evaluative Criteria for Outreach Praxis in a Pentecostal Context
- One Step Closer to Christ
- Sharing Your Spiritual Journey with Others
- A Practical Theology of Evangelism – AETE Journal Article
- Conversion and Evangelism Unpublished Journal Article
- Toward A Practical Theology of Evangelism, Ph.D. Dissertation, Fuller Theological Seminary
- Evangelism Support Network